Directions is seeking a strategic-minded, high-impact individual to join our growing CPG team as an Account Executive, Client Service. In this role, you will be responsible for selling and growing client relationships by understanding client research objectives, applying appropriate methodologies to address them, and utilizing your strong client service skillset to deliver the results.
The responsibilities of the Account Executive include:
- Growing and maintaining client relationships via consultation
- A combination of independent and in partnership with the SVP, CPG practice, and other AEs
- Identifying client needs and designing research to meet those needs effectively
Applying effective client management and communication skills, which include:
- Managing expectations
- Adopting a marketing/business orientation (vs. research orientation)
- Effectively communicate/present results
- Identifying opportunities to expand Directions' business with clients
- Applying effective prospecting techniques to win business
- Determining pricing for client projects
- Projecting account-level sales forecasts for use by Senior Management
- Creating and presenting proposals and sales/marketing decks
The skillset of the successful Account Executive includes:
- Approximately seven to ten years of experience in the research and insights industry is preferred.
- An advanced degree in marketing research may qualify toward the required experience
- Experience in designing, proposing, selling, and overseeing the execution of projects.
- Understanding of business and marketing issues that research clients and their stakeholders face.
- Collaborative, strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills.
- Proactive business development mindset.
- Ability to travel to meet client needs.
This position can be located anywhere in the U.S., and compensation is commensurate with experience.
We offer an innovative and entrepreneurial environment where you can take the next step in your career. We are driven by a passion for rich insights, consultative client partnerships, and actionable results. We offer the latest solutions and sophisticated analytics while providing visually compelling deliverables that crystalize the findings and convey business implications.
Directions is a privately-held firm, owned and operated by our senior staff. This position includes an ownership potential opportunity, in addition to competitive salary, bonus, and benefits. The work environment at Directions is an important part of who we are. We foster a unique culture that gives our employees the freedom to create, grow and succeed. Our employees are surrounded by some of the best talent in the industry.
Our company is independently recognized as one of the top business decision insight firms in the nation. The firm combines a highly experienced staff with a unique mix of innovative and proven approaches to answer pressing business issues. Directions is based in Cincinnati with multiple regional offices to enable our client service staff to stay close to clients.
Directions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO, including disability/vets