We are actively seeking a qualified Research Analyst with a minimum of 3 years of experience in supplier-side, quantitative market research to join our firm. Directions offers a Work from Anywhere environment and compensation is commensurate with experience.
This dynamic individual will be responsible for:
- Developing actionable insights that address research objectives and business issues in a way that has impact in client organizations
- Combine survey data with business data to enhance/create research learnings. Consult with clients on application of research results to making business decisions
- Effectively finding the story in the data, consulting with others throughout the story development process
- Creating organized reports in a manner that tells the story, with effective data visualization, and interpretive text
- Manipulating data in an efficient manner for interpreting and reporting
- Participating in client discussions and communicate independently as appropriate
- Taking ownership of the analytic process, from early planning through final deliverable (includes reviewing background and objectives, providing input in how the study objectives are addressed within the questionnaire and planning analysis before receiving data)
The ideal candidate believes in using data and analytics to help customers drive strategic decisions and business improvements.
The successful analyst demonstrates:
- Understanding of business and marketing issues that research clients and their stakeholders face
- Understanding of complex marketing research techniques (such as multivariate) and of clients' critical metrics and clients' internal use of such data
- Strong knowledge of basic statistics
- Strong knowledge of SPSS (including syntax) and advanced Excel
- Strong data intuition - able to anticipate client questions, identify, investigate and explain data that may/may not fit with story from a business perspective
- Solid knowledge of data collection methods and common research designs
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proven work ethic, problem-solving and critical thinking skills (how can we find an answer/answer the question with only partial information/data)
- Approachable, relatable, exhibits high level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness
Independently recognized as one of the top business decision insight firms in the nation, Directions combines a highly experienced staff with a unique mix of innovative and proven approaches to answer pressing business issues. Our clients value how we combine primary and connected data from various inputs to create a holistic picture and disseminate the story in an actionable format to move their business forward.
Directions excels in the areas of innovation and optimization, customer and brand experience, strategic business intelligence and visualization across a wide range of industries. Our goal is to help our clients make the best informed, intuitive and strategic business decisions over and over again as their products and services move through their life cycles. Consumers are constantly changing and so are the informational needs of brand/marketing leaders and C-suite executives.
Directions serves as the independent voice of the consumers in today's business world. Privately-held by the senior members of the firm, Directions is based in Cincinnati with regional offices around the country. The firm's work and clients are global.
Directions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including disability/vets