Are you an experienced marketing research professional who is looking for an opportunity to expand your reporting abilities to the next level, resulting in great value to your clients? As part of the Interactive Reporting team, you will work with both the client and internal teams to transform data into actionable insights through the implementation of interactive online dashboards and reporting tools.
Day to day responsibilities include:
Design, build and implement interactive dashboards and reporting tools through the following steps:
- Gather project requirements
- Design solutions that solve client needs and complement analysis
- Provide estimated costs
- Communicate solution design, features, benefits, and limitations
- Configure solutions that deliver on project requirements, summarize data in an insightful, creative, and concise format
Partner with cross-functional team below to deliver on project requirements in the following ways:
- Design team on dashboard layout/design
- Data teams on data cleaning and transformation requirements
- Project Management to ensure quality, timing, cost expectations are met
- Analysts to ensure online deliverables complement reports to influence client organization
- Consult with clients to ensure their effective use of interactive tools that results in their success
- The ideal candidate believes in using data and analytics to help customers drive strategic decisions and business improvements.
Skills and Competencies
Advanced understanding of
- Market research and insights
- Data; data manipulation, data structures, levels of data, data integrity
- Configuration of SAAS reporting platforms for effective data analysis
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams in pursuit of common goal
- Comfortable working with colleagues across all functions and levels of organization and client organization
- Confidence to communicate solution design, features, benefits, and limitations
- Effective at managing personal workload, multitask, prioritize, and handle competing priorities
Software and Tools (Experience with the below (and other similar tools) will be seen as a bonus, not a requirement.)
- Research-specific reporting tools such as Dapresy, DisplayR, InfoTools, crunch.io
- Research-specific data collection tools such as Decipher, Confirmit
- BI tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Lookr
- Research reporting tools such as SPSS, Q, Survey Reporter, MR Tables
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel
- R Studio / Shiny Apps
Experience and Educational Background
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred in marketing, business, data analytics, or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a marketing research, analytics, data management, or related function
Directions offers a Work from Anywhere environment so working remotely and/or from the office is an option.
Independently recognized as one of the top business decision insight firms in the nation, Directions combines a highly experienced staff with a unique mix of innovative and proven approaches to answer pressing business issues. Our clients value how we combine primary and connected data from various inputs to create a holistic picture and disseminate the story in an actionable format to move their business forward.
Directions excels in the areas of innovation and optimization, customer and brand experience, strategic business intelligence and visualization across a wide range of industries. Our goal is to help our clients make the best informed, intuitive and strategic business decisions over and over again as their products and services move through their life cycles. Consumers are constantly changing and so are the informational needs of brand/marketing leaders and C-suite executives.
Directions serves as the independent voice of the consumers in today's business world. Privately-held by the senior members of the firm, Directions is based in Cincinnati with regional offices around the country. The firm's work and clients are global.
Directions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including disability/vets